The conventional medical approach to treating ovarian cysts is the most common with many treatment options yet the results are almost always short term and side effects can be nasty. Therefore, more women are turning towards alternative forms of treatment for their ovarian cysts condition.
Understanding the conventional medical approach:
The conventional medical approach to treating ovarian cysts is very simple and straightforward and consists of three stages:
- Understanding the symptoms: There are certain textbook symptoms of ovarian cysts which include irregular menstruation, pelvic pain, infertility, and more. The patients are asked to keep a tab on these symptoms so that the condition can be diagnosed quickly to prevent potential complications. However, sometimes, ovarian cysts do not give rise to any symptoms. Hence, they can be discovered accidentally during a routine gynecological examination.
- Diagnosing ovarian cysts: Diagnosing ovarian cysts canbe done in several ways. Besides understanding the symptoms of the condition, the practitioner will also make use of an Endovaginal ultrasound, CT scanning, blood tests, Laproscopy and many other forms of tests to confirm his or her prognosis. Similar to the treatment of ovarian cysts, the diagnostic stage of the treatment can be equally traumatic.
- Treatment: The treatment for ovarian cysts normally depends upon the type of cyst and its nature. If the cyst is benign, little to no treatment is required. However, in the more serious cases, conventional medicine will recommended the following forms of treatment:
- Birth control pills: Birth control pills stop ovulation. They therefore repress ovarian cysts. They can also reduce the size of the follicles and help in reducing the size of the existing cysts.
- Surgery: If the cysts are cancerous or if there are any other complications, then surgery is recommended. The decidion regarding surgery will depend upon the type of cyst and the potential complications. Sometimes, only the cyst is removed. However, it is not very uncommon to remove one or both ovaries to get rid of a cyst.
Besides the above, pain killers are also given to provide relief from the pain caused by the cysts.
The only way to effectively treat and prevent ovarian cysts is by using a multidimensional holistic approach to healing.
Unlike the conventional approach which deals with the inflicted organ or with the symptoms of the disease (and the treatment in often aggressive with a myriad of side effects), the holistic approach treats every disease as part of a whole by firstly restoring natural balance to the body while naturally tackling each causative factor which lead to the condition. In this way, the holistic approach to treating ovarian cysts offers a long term, safe and gentle solution without the side effects of drugs or the risk of surgery while ensuring the prevention of future ovarian cyst recurrence.
This article is based on the book, “Ovarian Cyst Miracle” by Carol Foster. Carol is an author, researcher, nutritionist and health consultant who dedicated her life to creating the ultimate holistic ovarian cyst solution guaranteed to permanently cure all types of ovarian cysts and dramatically improve the overall quality of your life, naturally, without the use prescription medication or surgery, and without any side effects. Learn more by visiting her website: