If you’re changing your eating habits to help you lose weight, one thing that you’re likely all too familiar with is the feeling of hunger. In fact, you’ve probably been fighting it at certain times throughout the day.
There’s really no way of fully escaping hunger when trying to lose body fat due to the fact that you are asking your body to run off less fuel than it wants.
Fortunately, with some smart techniques, you can manage your hunger better and reduce the chances that a craving sends you flying off the diet entirely. Different strategies work for different people, so try a few of the following to see what gives you the best results.
• Sip hot tea. Hot liquids tend to sooth the stomach while reducing hunger and as an added benefit, you’ll help hydrate yourself.
• Eat more vegetables. Vegetables are loaded with fiber, which naturally reduces hunger pains and contain so few calories that you hardly even have to add them to your daily calorie intake.
• Eat more protein. Every meal and snack that you consume should contain some protein to help slow the rate of digestion and manage blood sugar levels.
• Consume healthy fats in moderation. As long as you control your serving size, healthy fats should be added to your diet and will assist with optimal hunger control.
• Stay hydrated. Regardless of what you drink, staying hydrated will help you manage your hunger. Just be sure to choose calorie free beverages.
• Snack regularly. Rather than eating three large meals a day, have a few snacks in between. Eating more frequently throughout the day will help you manage your hunger more effectively.
• Avoid processed carbohydrates. These tend to increase hunger more than decrease it, making it next to impossible to stick with your diet plan.
• Use a moderate calorie intake. If you take your calorie level too low, it doesn’t matter what you do, you’ll still experience strong hunger.
• Enjoy a healthy breakfast. Choosing a balanced breakfast in the morning will help you reduce hunger and control your food intake for the rest of the day better.
• Make a low-calorie vegetable soup. This combines the vegetable technique and the hot tea technique into one ultra-effective way to manage hunger levels while getting some good-for-you vitamins and other nutrients.
• Chew gum. Sometimes it isn’t hunger that you’re feeling, but rather the need to have something in your mouth. Gum will fill this need.
The Bottom Line:
So there you have the top hunger busting strategies that you can use to see optimal success. Remember that taking regular diet breaks as you progress along will also be important for optimal hunger control as these will reset some of the fat burning hormones in the body that are responsible for hunger taking place, empowering you to take control of your food intake.