Boost your metabolism and burn calories with this low-carb keto avocado breakfast burger. Loaded with omega-3, protein and healthy fatty acids, it’s everything you need to set the tone for the rest of the day!
I’m all for adding more avocados to my diet because they make everything taste better. From beautiful avocado roses to coconut-crusted avocado fries to stuffed avocado boats – there is nothing this versatile fruit can’t do. So, when I heard that avocados are revolutionizing the burger scene, I had to try the latest and greatest Instagram food sensation: the avo-bun!
This low-carb, high-fat recipe swaps the classic burger bun with two halves of an avocado, resulting in a ketogenic food lovers’ dream. Then to top it all off, crispy bacon and a fried egg are added.
Looking for low carb keto recipes to burn fat and lose weight?
Click here to get your FREE Keto Breakfast Recipes Cookbook!
To start, slice the avocados in half width-wise. Remove the pit and scoop the avocado out of its skin. Begin building your burger by adding the toppings of your choice and finish with a dollop of Paleo mayo or a slice of cashew cheese. Don’t forget to sprinkle some sesame seeds on top!
Keto Breakfast Burger with Avocado Buns
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 egg
- 2 bacon rashers
- 1 red onion slice
- 1 tomato slice
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 T Paleo mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place the bacon rashers on a cold frying pan. Turn the stove on and start frying the bacon. When bacon beings to curl, flip it with a fork. Continue cooking the bacon until it is crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and crack the egg into the same pan, using the bacon fat to cook it. Cook until the white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Slice the avocados in half width-wise. Remove the pit and use a spoon to scoop it out of its skin.
- Fill the hole where the pit used to be with Paleo mayonnaise.
- Layer with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, and fried egg.
- Top with the second half of the avocado.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tip: Eat with a knife and fork. This isn’t your typical burger “bun” and can get messy!