Ready to get started? Here’s a sample 14-day diet plan that will have you shedding pounds FAST! Remember: The more weight you need to lose, the faster your initial weight loss will be. We tend to lose weight at a slower pace as we approach our ideal weight.
Things to Do Before Day 1:
- Shop for groceries, drinking water, and supplies
- Choose a cardio workout plan that sounds fun
- Figure out how many calories you need to consume each day
- Decide if you will start off the diet with a period of fasting
- Take steps to ensure a good night’s sleep
- Search for a community of supportive dieters, locally or online
- Rule out medical issues that prevent you from losing weight
Sample Plan, Day 1:
- Start the day with some green tea and plenty of drinking water. Eat some lean protein for breakfast, and do your stress-busting yoga stretches.
- If you’re a morning person, do your cardio then. Follow it up with 15 minutes of strength-training exercises, focusing on your arms.
- Eat small meals throughout the day, staying well below your required caloric intake.
- Drink approximately 1 ounce of water for every 2 pounds of body weight.
- Avoid sugary or salty foods.
- In the evening, do a longer session of stretching.
- Wind down before bed with relaxing activities like reading or taking a warm bath.
- Sleep at least 8 hours.
The next 13 days will be very similar to the first. Continue to put an emphasis on adequate sleep and fluid intake, regular meals, and exercise. Vary your cardio routines, but try to get between 30 and 60 minutes of cardio each day.
Confuse your muscles by focusing on a different muscle group each day during strength training. Start by focusing on your arms with push-ups, chair dips, and pull-ups. The next day, work your legs with squats, wall-sits, and lunges. On day 3, work your core with a variety of sit-ups, crunches, and leg-lifts.
On day 14, you’ll be lighter, leaner, healthier and happier. Be sure to reward yourself with a great treat, and get ready for the next 14 days.
Best wishes on your journey!