There are a lot of changes that happen to women during pregnancy. While many of them are undesirable, some of the many changes are actually a nice surprise. With how much women have to put up with in pregnancy, it’s refreshing to focus on 11 positive pregnancy changes that many women get to experience.
• Thicker Nails. Women’s fingernails and toenails tend to grow in thicker and stronger during pregnancy, a result of increased blood flow to the baby. They also grow more quickly.
• Better Hair. Hormone changes result in faster and thicker hair growth that can look and feel splendid. This same change can also cause hair growth is less desirable places.
• Nicer Skin. Many women find that their skin is smoother and less oily during pregnancy, and sometimes it has a glow to it.
• A Pregnancy Glow. The pregnancy glow is the positive result of heightened blood flow in the body. The increased blood is used to help nourish the growing baby, but by a happy accident, it can make a woman look gorgeous and radiant too.
• Younger Face. The changes in a woman’s face as a result of pregnancy often leave them looking younger and more vibrant. Depending on the woman, this change may or may not be temporary.
• Bigger Breasts. Many women find that their breasts grow one or more cup sizes in pregnancy. Any women who have been self-conscious or unhappy about the size of their breasts can see them augmented the natural way through pregnancy.
• A Larger Backside. Like with their breasts, some women appreciate the idea of having larger buttocks. In many pregnancies, this happens naturally because the body is in fat-storing mode.
• Sex Dreams. While many people believe that pregnant women feel bloated and ugly, many experience the exact opposite. Because of a surge of hormones and blood flow, pregnancy can trigger intense and pleasurable sex dreams, arousal and even unexpected orgasms.
• Self-Confidence. Hormone changes can often lead to good feelings, but pregnancy itself can make women feel a sense of pride and self-confidence as they witness the miracle their bodies can do.
• Cravings. As with most aspects of pregnancy, cravings can be seen as good or bad, but with heightened senses of taste and smell triggered by pregnancy, it can be a lot of fun to indulge your cravings.
• The Belly. Many women see their swelling belly as a badge of honor. The evidence that they’re mothers is right there for all to see, and it makes a great conversation starter and a way to bond with other people.
The Bottom Line:
A second look through this list will reveal that most of the changes can be viewed as double-edged swords. Some women might not want parts of their body to get any bigger, while others don’t have the good fortune of seeing positive skin, hair or nail changes. Some get mostly negative changes instead. Still, there are enough positive changes that take place in pregnancy to make the journey worthwhile.