Looking for the perfect sandwich bread to answer all your Paleo needs? Check out this protein-packed Cassava Bread for a gluten-free and nut-free alternative!
When it comes to Paleo flours, there are plenty of options to choose from. Cassava flour is a great anti-inflammatory optionif you’re looking to recreate all your favorite baked goods. Use it to make bread that’s perfect for sandwiches, toast for dipping in runny eggs, or as a base for slathering on avocado. The possibilities are limitless!
Unlike tapioca flour, cassava flour is made with extra absorbency and is naturally gluten-free, nut-free, and vegan. To give it the perfect texture, added eggs help balance the dryness and make it fluffy enough to rise without yeast. Add a bit of moisture with avocado oil to give it ample amounts of healthy fats and mild flavor. Tip: If you prefer a more buttery taste, you can always sub in melted ghee instead.
Love apple cider vinegar? Boost your digestion and lose weight with our Apple Cider Vinegar handbook!
Click here to get your FREE copy of our ACV Guide!
Get started by beating the eggs in a mixing bowl using a hand mixer. Blend until frothy and add in water, avocado oil, and apple cider vinegar – but do not mix! Note: Mixing removes the air from the eggs, which is necessary for a fluffier texture. Gently fold in cassava flour, baking powder, and sea salt with a spatula. Stir until fully incorporated.
Next, pour the batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and spread into an even layer. Tip: It’s easiest to spread the batter by moistening your fingertips with water. Bake for one hour and remove from the oven. Then, lift the parchment paper with bread from the pan and set onto a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Slice with a serrated knife and enjoy with your favorite protein, veggies, or fruit.
Fluffy Nut-Free Bread with Cassava Flour
- Loaf pan
- Medium mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups cassava flour
- 6 large pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup water, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, making sure to overlap the sides.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cassava flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Set aside when finished.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the eggs until frothy.
- Add the water, avocado oil, and apple cider vinegar to the egg mixture, but do not mix!
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a spatula. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for one hour. When finished, lift the parchment paper and bread from the pan and set onto a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve!