Ditch the grains and create Golden Noodle Hamburger Buns using crispy sweet potato noodles!
Forget lettuce wraps! These golden noodle buns are the ultimate swap for grain-based buns! All you need is a simple spiral slicer to create oven-baked noodles you can transform into golden buns. These buns can also be easily made ahead of time and reheated to feed large crowds.
Oven-baked sweet potato noodles are an instant fan-favorite and have a crunchy texture, similar to fries. Combining it with an egg creates a sturdy “bun” you can pile high with veggies, protein, and homemade Paleo condiments. Along with added fiber, sweet potatoes make a great cancer-fighting food that pairs well with both sweet and savory recipes.
Love pasta? Grab your spiralizer and crank out these amazing veggie noodle recipes!
Click Here to Get Your FREE recipe book of 20 Easy Ways to Use Your Spiralizer.
To get started, combine all the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Use your hand to toss together and place four mounds of mixture onto a baking sheet. Form them into round buns (about five inches in diameter) and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the buns halfway through. When ready, stuff with desired toppings and serve warm!
For more tasty ways to enjoy sweet potatoes, try one of these recipes:
Golden Sweet Potato Noodle Buns Recipe
- 1 Medium mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and spiral-sliced on 3 mm blade
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 t sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato noodles, sea salt, pepper, and egg. Use your hands to toss and coat the noodles with the egg.
- Place mounds of mixture onto the baking sheet and form into circular patties. Bake for 30 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite protein and veggies!
(You’ll Also Love: 38 Sweet Potato Recipes That Aren’t Fries)