These chocolate chip crunch bites are simple to make and an easy go-to snack for work or school. You’ll only need six ingredients to get started: coconut flour, arrowroot flour, coconut oil, an egg, dairy-free chocolate chips and a bit of honey. Sift the flours into a medium bowl and make a well in the center. Beat the eggs, honey, and coconut oil into a small bowl and pour into the well. Fold the ingredients using a spatula for two minutes, or until a dough is formed.
Tip: If the dough is too sticky, add one teaspoon of arrowroot flour at a time (with two tablespoons being the max). Too much flour will cause the dough to become stiff – the consistency will be just right when the dough is easy to handle.
Coconut Oil has hundreds of health benefits – learn how you can experience them with our FREE guide to Coconut Oil & its benefits.
Click Here to get your FREE Copy!
Next, spoon out a teaspoon of dough, roll it into a ball, and arrange it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly space out each cookie (about one inch away from each other) and press down with the palm of your hand to flatten. Decorate each cookie with a few chocolate chips and press them gently into the dough. Then, bake them in the oven for 12 minutes.
When the cookies are finished, cool them on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Enjoy them warm or store them in an airtight container for up to 10 days. Serve these cookies with a Coconut Cowgirl Coffee to soak up extra flavor from dipping!
Mini Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- ⅔ cup arrowroot flour, plus more for kneading
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 T raw honey
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg, honey and coconut oil in a small bowl. In a separate large mixing bowl, sift the flours and make a well in the center. Pour the egg mixture into the well. Fold everything together until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a flat surface lightly dusted with arrowroot flour. Knead for two minutes until smooth and elastic. Then shape the dough into a ball.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out small pieces of the dough. Form each piece into little balls, using your hands (about 40 total). Space them one inch apart onto the baking sheet and press down with your palm to gently flatten each cookie.
- Decorate each cookie with a few chocolate chips and press them into the dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: 26 Ways to Make Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies)