Affiliate marketing is a highly competitive field, and to do your best in it, you’ve got to be in the know. Check out the following rules that apply to every successful affiliate marketer and commit them to memory!
1. Give people good reasons to trust you. Marketers are a dime a dozen on the Internet and customers know that. Give them the slightest indication that you are untrustworthy and poof, they’re gone and will warn everyone they know about you. Earning your customer’s trust is one of the best investments you will ever make.
2. Be as helpful as possible to everyone you encounter. No matter if they are buying from you or not, help people out by answering questions promptly and directing them to the proper places. You will gain a good reputation in people’s minds when they know you are there and willing to help.
3. Know your audience. The most successful way to make use of your affiliate marketing resources is to know who your audience is and how to anticipate their needs. Get to know them, post polls, start a forum where they can present problems they are facing and be readily available as a go-to source of solutions.
4. Branch out or change things up as necessary. If you are not generating clicks and sales or even site visits, you have got to change something up. Try a different approach in marketing, such as an event on a social networking site or a direct-mail promotion that is simply irresistible. You must recognize when something is not working for you and act quickly.
5. Practice full disclosure policies. Tell people right up front that you are an affiliate and who you represent. People recognize and value honesty and will probably know when you are trying to avoid the truth anyway.
6. Write killer content, or hire someone to do so. The best content will garner you more visitors and repeat visitors, and that is what will lead to sales. Killer content will convert someone who is “just looking” into an instant buyer and long term customer. Ask people what they need in your content, present solutions to their biggest problems and even mention them by name. If you can’t write, hire someone who can.
7. Patience is a must-have virtue. Too many affiliates give up before business really has a chance to get going. You have got to put a lot of effort in and cultivate your affiliate projects. If you don’t have the patience or are expecting instant results, you’re probably looking into the wrong business.
8. Stay current and relative. Keep the content of your site relative to your products and customers, and keep adding new and valuable content. You want people to see or learn something new every time they visit your site. Mix up the offers you present and add value to what visitors have to look at. Build a site that is the best in the business and stay on top of it, every day.
Like any business, affiliate marketing has rules to follow, both spoken and unspoken. You may find some people in the industry willing to coach you a little bit, but the above rules are something you need to know now and keep in mind throughout your affiliate marketing career.