Beat the heat this summer with these frozen Watermelon-Lime Ice Pops!
Skip the ice cream truck and make these sweet n’ tangy popsicles instead! Full of antioxidant-rich watermelon and lime, these pops pack in natural sweetness without the need for any refined sugars. Make them in large batches for the summer parties or enjoy them solo as a refreshing snack.
Watermelon is a tasty way to stay hydrated and pairs perfectly with raw honey for a hint of natural sweetness. Add a bit of lime juice for a touch of tanginess.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
To get started, combine watermelon, lime juice, and honey inside a blender. Blend until smooth and then evenly divide the mixture into six small compostable dixie cups. Make sure to leave roughly a ¼ inch from the top. Next, set the cups onto a tray and place inside the freezer for one hour.
Once chilled, remove the pops from the freezer and insert a wooden popsicle stick into the center of six lime slices. Tip: If needed, slice the center of the limes with a paring knife. Insert the lime sticks into the center of each watermelon pop through the top side of the cup.
Return to the freezer for two hours to set. When finished, simply peel off the cups and enjoy! You can also store in a covered container inside the freezer for up to one week.
Watermelon-Lime Ice Pops
- 6 small compostable dixie cups
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 lime slices, sliced ¼” thick
- 1 T raw honey
- Place the watermelon, lime juice, and honey into a blender. Blend until smooth for 10 seconds and evenly divide the mixture into six cups. Make sure to leave a ¼ inch of space at the top, then freeze for one hour.
- Slide a popsicle stick into the center of each lime slice and insert into the center of each ice pop through the top side of the cup. Return to the freezer for two hours, or until solid.
- Peel off the cups and serve!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here’s what we recommend:
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
For more Paleo treats to keep you cool, try one of these recipes…
- Ombré Coconut Blood Orange Popsicles
- Easy Mint Watermelon Slushies
- Dairy-Free Funky Monkey Popsicles