Kundalini energy is a form of Prana, or life force energy, that lies dormant in the body. It is conceptualized as a coiled serpent lying at the base of the spine and can be awakened in various ways. Kundalini energy can be activated by spiritual practices, such as yoga, meditation and even chakra work. This powerful energy can transform your life and can create incredible changes.
Kundalini – The Energy of the Divine
- Kundalini is thought to be the energy of the divine, and it is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning coiled up snake.
- It is said to be a sort of “tree of life” within the body.
- Kundalini energy is not recognized by modern science, but it is mentioned extensively in the literature of both Yoga and Tantra.
- It is thought to lie or slumber at the base of the spine, but once awakened, it can have a profound impact on your life.
- Kundalini awakening can release stored up and blocked energy.
- It can be triggered by extended periods of meditation, yoga, fasting, stress, trauma, drugs and even near-death experiences.
- Kundalini is thought to be a primal force similar to the potential energy found in water.
- When it is released, it can open up subtle channels known as nadi, or more specifically, the central channel of energy that runs up the spine.
Kundalini and the Chakras
- Kundalini moves up the body through the chakras, or the body’s energy system.
- The chakras run through the body up and down the spine.
- They are connected to the body’s energetic system.
- Many belief systems equate the chakras to centers of Prana, or life force energy.
- The Chakra system consists of seven basic levels that correspond to various systems of the body.
- The word “chakra” comes from the ancient “sanskrit” word, which means “wheel.”
- The chakras are located in your ethereal body, as opposed to your physical body.
- Each of the chakras is shaped like a flower or a wheel, with petals or spokes that detail their composition.
Kundalini Energy as a Healing Force
- Kundalini energy can be a powerful healing force, but one must be careful not to awaken the energy too quickly.
- Forcing the energy to awaken before it’s ready can create psychological issues and great stress.
- It is always advisable to awaken Kundalini energy very gently over time.
- This powerful energy can cleanse and purify the body.
- When the body’s energy is purified, the energetic vibrations can expand the consciousness.
Benefits of Kundalini Energy
- It is thought that the Kundalini energy holds within it the entire universe of creativity.
- Unleashing the energy can bring huge change and greater understanding into your life.
- It can help you awaken creative powers, help you gain greater knowledge and understanding and even help you further understand your reason for being.
- It is like having your own personal connection to the divine.
- It can be a lovely, peaceful, transformative experience.
- It can invite better health, more harmonious living and greater peace of mind.
Signs of Kundalini Awakening
- Signs of awakening can include muscle twitches, energy rushes, headaches, racing heartbeat, digestive problems, tingling, crawling or itching sensations, alterations in sleep or eating patterns and even pain or emotional outbursts.
- One might also experience new interests or creative pursuits, psychic experiences, intense understanding or sensitivity or even enlightenment or increased knowledge.
Releasing Kundalini is akin to letting go and letting life happen as it is supposed to happen. It can bring synchronicities and even miracles into your life. It can allow you to see the divine in everyone and everything. It can create spiritual awakening. One can work with a teacher to slowly and gently awaken it or work within himself or herself to awaken the serpent within.